If you were able to read my previous post, I withdrew my money little by little when I stopped working as a service crew. I decided to continue my savings account at Metrobank when I had the job as a data entry operator in a BPO company, my first full-time job.
Before I decided to continue, I knew I could save but it was all inside my wallet or keep it somewhere in my cabinet. In just few months, I was able to save P5,000. I really didn't care of the percentage I had to set aside. My salary was not really that big unlike if you are working as a call center agent. My average salary then was P8,000 a month.
In those few months, emergency happened and that P5,000 was not in my hands. That's when I decided to continue but in another few months I was able to recover. Fortunately, I didn't feel that I was broke because I am not a spender. The money was in good use.
I got my savings account three months before I unexpectedly resigned from the job due to health condition. Every pay day, I go to the bank and deposit P500 or P1000 once a month. I was able to save P3,000 for three months. When I resigned, I got a separation pay in cheque for P3,000 and deposited to the bank.
I was just a saver. I really didn't care about the interest rates I could get but that was just too small. On my mind, I save so that I could get anything in the future when emergency comes.
I live being simple and frugal. I am just a home buddy. I occasionally go somewhere. I am not fond of buying things I know I can't afford.
No comments:
Post a Comment